What to pack (preschool)
A backpack big enough to hold all essential items including lunchbox, drink bottle and any clothing like jumpers and jackets that may be taken off throughout the day.
The essential things to pack in this bag are:
- A water bottle clearly labelled with your child’s name, filled with water only.
- A lunchbox clearly labelledwith fruit, morning tea snack and lunch.
- Fruit snack should include fresh fruit and or vegetables, lunch may include a sandwich, pasta, sushi or roti (or similar), plus yoghurt or cheese. Please feel free to provide what is the normal diet for your child, but you are encouraged to make these healthy choices that will help your child play and learn at preschool. These also need to have an ice pack to keep the food fresh and cool. We cannot heat up food.
- A complete set of labelled spare clothes to accommodate changes in weather and accidents of all kinds. Children need to wear sensible shoes that they can run, jump and climb in.
- A warm coat & beanie in the colder months.
- A library bag so your child is able to borrow books on their library day.
It is really helpful in the early weeks to make sure that your child is familiar with their snack, lunch box and drink bottle. You may like to practise opening and closing containers in the weeks leading up to starting preschool so your child can independently access their food.
Please note: Duffy Primary School is an anaphylaxis aware school due to the inclusion of students with life threatening anaphylactic allergic conditions.
We provide protection for children who have severe allergic reactions to certain foods. Parents are asked to provide nut free food for their child’s recess and lunch. This includes Nutella, peanut butter sandwiches and nut protein bars.
To view the ACT Education Directorate policies, visit: https://www.education.act.gov.au/