Extra Curricular Opportunities
Instrumental Music Progam
The school has two bands; Year 5 and Year 6. The aim is to:
- enhance the education of children through their involvement in a quality music program.
- provide a strong motivation for children to continue to engage in music activities.
- develop cooperative learning, social interaction and performance skills.
- develop in children an awareness and appreciation of many musical styles and genres.
- develop instrumental and ensemble skills.
- encourage children to strive for excellence.
For more information, please visit the Instrumental Music Program website
Specialist piano and guitar teachers provide lessons for students during class times.
Senior students are trained as peer mediators who assist the younger students on the playground to resolve problems using relational questioning.
Rotary Mentor Program
The school is fortunate to have a number of Rotarians who visit on a weekly basis to act as mentors to a small number of individual students.
Tournament of Minds
Students participate in teams with the Tournament of Minds competition. It is a problem solving competition within a choice of applied technology, language literature, maths engineering and social sciences. It complements the gifted and talented educational program within the school.