Welcome to Duffy Primary School
At Duffy we pride ourselves on providing the best possible education for all our students. Our staff are dedicated to ensuring that whilst providing a quality learning program there is a focus on the individual needs and strengths of all children.
Our commitment to providing quality programs ensures that we provide all children with the skills to become productive and valuable citizens of the future.
We are able to support our students with a range of programs such as:
- Balanced Literacy program
- Envision Mathematics program to form the basis of our Numeracy program
- Differentiated planning to cater for individual needs
- Embed Learning Technologies across the school
- Social Skills which include Restorative Practices
- Varied range of sporting programs including specialist clinics
- Multi Age activities with Peer support and Buddy programs
- Leadership opportunities including School Parliament, Playground Mediators, Aussie Sports Leaders, House Captains
- French cultural / language program
- Specialist Environmental Science program run in conjunction with school sustainability project
- Music enrichment programs - Instrumental Music program, djembe drums and ukuleles
- Working in partnership, we ensure that we gain a balance between conserving and renewing what is, and anticipating and building what can be, to build a school culture that develops values and social capacity in all students.
What's Happening at Duffy Primary School
Enrolments for ACT Government Schools
Posted on 13 Apr 2018
All enrolments for ACT Government Schools are now online.
Enrolment applications for term 1 of 2019 open on Monday 30 April 2018 and must be submitted online at https://form.act.gov.au/smartforms/landing.htm?formCode=1087.
All ACT children are guaranteed a place in an ACT Public School, from kindergarten through to college. Information about the enrolment assessment criteria and priority enrolment areas can be found at https://www.education.act.gov.au/school_education/enrolling_in_an_act_public_school.
If you are applying to enrol in preschool, year 7 or year 11 we ask that you submit your application by 4 June 2018 to support timely processing and school planning. From 30 June 2018, after the application has been processed, parents/carers will commence receiving advice from the school on the enrolment. Please note, that the order in which applications are received is not a factor in schools determining places and as a result, there is no requirement to submit your application form on the first day applications open.
Preschool Enrolments for 2019
Open from Monday 30 April 2018
Enrolling now for 2019, enquire by calling the Front Office 61422510
Duffy Primary School now enrolling
Posted on 13 Apr 2018
For more information visit: http://www.duffyps.act.edu.au/enrolment