2012 Classroom Teacher positions
Duffy Primary School
Duffy Primary School is a community school working in partnership with parents to provide an educational program and facilities of the highest quality. The school is committed to the provision of a contemporary curriculum based on the core competencies of Literacy, Numeracy and Integrated Inquiry units of study. In a supportive and nurturing environment this well-balanced educational program emphasises the development of individual skills and talents.
Duffy Primary is committed to:
- providing educational programs and facilities of the highest quality
- providing a contemporary curriculum based on the core competencies and Literacy, Numeracy and Integrated Inquiry units of study
- meeting the academic, social and emotional needs of its students
- students developing self discipline with an appreciation and understanding the needs of others
- students developing an understanding of local and global issues
- embedding Information Communication Technologies into teaching and learning
- working in partnership with parents in the development of a learning community
Our staff are dedicated to ensuring that whilst providing a quality learning program there is a focus on the individual needs and strengths of all children.
Our commitment to providing quality programs ensures that we provide all children with the skills to become productive and valuable citizens of the future.
We are able to support our students with a range of programs such as;
- Balanced Literacy program
- Count Me In Too mathematics program
- Differentiated planning to cater for individual needs
- Information Communication Technology including Interactive Whiteboards and computers in all teaching units
- Social Skills which include Restorative Practices, Bounce Back and Values education programs
- Varied range of sporting programs including specialist clinics
- Multi Age activities with Peer support and Buddy programs
- Leadership opportunities including School Parliament, Playground Mediators, Aussie Sports Leaders, House Captains
- Enrichment program with expert teacher
- Italian cultural / language program
- Specialist Environmental Science program run in conjunction with school sustainability project
- Music program – Instrumental Music program
Working in partnership, we ensure that we gain a balance between conserving and renewing what is, and anticipating and building what can be, to build a school culture that develops values and social capacity in all students.